Friday, August 4, 2017

A Mess From My Head To My Toes




I'm a little bit of a mess this morning because this will be Miss S's last
Friday at home before she moves away to college. I can not even
believe this dreaded time is only 6 days away. I can not even put into 
words the level of emotions that I am feeling right now.

 In the midst of all the "almost time to move Miss S" drama, I finally
worked up the courage to see a doctor about my suspected plantar fasciitis. 
The problem has progressively gotten worse to the point that I have not 
only altered my activity level, but my life. The pain is terrible, and more
frequent than it ever has been. Walking is unbearable, standing is unbearable,
and nothing I tried to do at home was making much difference.

So, after struggling with the pain for M O N T H S, I decided to suck it up 
and go see a doctor.

They did x-rays and an ultasound of the fascia in my foot.

Thankfully nothing is torn, but the doctor was quite surprised with how 
high the arches in my feet are. My arches are so high, that my heel tilts
backwards rather than sitting straight. He was not surprised at all that I was
having pain after looking at my x-rays.

Here is what my foot print looks like when I stand. The parts in red show the
pressure on my feet when I am standing. You can see that much of the outer 
part of my foot does not touch the ground at all due to my high arches.


The doctor gave me a prescription for a strong anti-inflammatory, some exercises to do,
and I placed an order for custom orthotics to put in my shoes. He told me to never, every
walk around with bare feet, and to never wear flip flops. He said shoes without a good
arch support would never be my friend! Once my orthotics come in, I will need to go
get fitted for a good pair of Asics or New Balance shoes, and will have to find a pair
that my custom orthotics will fit in.

Here are the stretches that I will be doing as well.



I was so relieved that he didn't mention cortisone shots in my foot! So many people
has said that is what he would want to do and I was not happy with the thought
of that at all!

I happily took my prescription, my exercise sheet, and paid for my orthotics.
Anything to avoid that shot! I have read so many mixed reviews on it that I
knew I did not want to go that route.

Hopefully all of these prescribed treatments will kick in quickly so that I
can be of some help next week. I know it will be a busy/crazy/stressful/chaotic
time, and I certainly don't want to have terrible foot pain adding even more
drama to the list.


I won't be blogging next week because we have SO MUCH to do in the
next 6 days to get ready for Move-In Day.

We will be leaving home about 5:45 a.m next Friday morning to head to
Auburn. Miss S's move in time begins at 8:00 a.m and her roommates time
begins at 8:30. I would so greatly appreciate thoughts, prayers and well wishes 
as we prepare to embark on this next chapter of our lives.

Miss S and her roomie are SO excited and ready for the big move!


I will miss you all next week, but I feel that my main focus and priority
needs to be with Miss S and with our family. I will take lots and lots
of pictures and will be back on Monday, August 14 to catch you up on
how everything went.

Thank you for following our journey. As sweet and faithful readers, you know I
have been dreading this move for over a year! You probably remember when 
I thought her graduating from high school was going to be more than I could 
handle....



I will try to post a few times on Facebook if I can get myself together
enough to do so!

And don't forget....

Lots of good stuff coming up this weekend on Hallmark Channel!


Love at the Shore comes on Saturday night, and Chesapeake Shores is back on
Sunday night.


Have a great weekend and I will see you again on 
Monday the 14th!











4 comments :

  1. Oh Kristian! My heart goes out to you. I think I cried all the way home from Tuscaloosa when we took my oldest to college. And you feet, a double whammy for this coming week. I will be definitely be praying for you and Miss S. Change is so hard!! Remember Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord has gone before her :):) I will miss you blog post see you on August 14th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful encouragement. I appreciate the Bible verse reminder and your prayers. :)

      Delete
  2. I have bad arches too (as does my mom) and we both swore by this shoe brand called Vionic's. https://www.vionicshoes.com/ <-- that's their website. It's a little on the pricey side but you can also find them at other places as well. My feet pain has lessened so much since buying them. I wear the same two pairs of shoes over and over again until I run them into the ground so they are worth it to me. I also just purchased a similar brand called Orthaheel. I hope you find some relief!!

    Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/?zx=8a1e48bcf9c8cecb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you so much for the tip. I will check out both of those shoes immediately. Thank you for reading and commenting today! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...