Friday, May 19, 2017

A Few Favorite Moments



 Hello Friday!


This week's favorites are going to be a bit on the sentimental side!

As I sit here completely confused as to where the last 18 years have gone, all
I can do is look back at pictures to prove that this year, Miss S's Senior Year of
high school really did happen. I suppose I can't stay here in denial because there
are actually pictures to prove that yes, indeed, my one and only child, my baby
girl, will be graduating from high school in FIVE days.

Despite the fact that in my mind she should be graduating from pre-school, life
says otherwise, and here lies the proof. 

So, rather than stay here in denial, I will distract myself by reflecting back on the
good memories from this school year.

Miss S had her Senior portraits taken at school last summer...



Then, one of her sweet friends took some pictures of her too...




Hunter was just a big puppy, and Rusty was still looking for Drake to come back...
(You may remember that Drake, our chocolate lab, fought prostate cancer, but
passed away on July 5, 2016. We got Hunter, a week later, when he was 
12 weeks old.)



And here we are in August, on the first day of school, Senior year...



Miss S and I got milkshakes from Chic-fil-A because a portion of the proceeds were
donated back to her school...



Miss S had a few more really cute pics taken...



And then it was time for an American themed pep rally at school...



And what good is Senior year if you don't have a toga party at least once?



And on August 24th, Hubby turned 51!



Miss S was my lunch date during some Saturday shopping...



Oh my, the college acceptance letter came in October...



Miss S was out of school for a teacher in-service day, so we met Hubby for lunch...



Then Homecoming Spirit Week began. The Senior class is "Out of This World!"



Then they were just a bunch of gangstas!


And then one of the favorite and anticipated days is when the Seniors try to dress up
like the other kind of "Senior." 

This is them pretending to be "Grannies Gone Wild!" 



Next up was the Homecoming dance...



And one just because I love my girl!



For Halloween, the Seniors were supposed to dress as "condiments."




She and her bestie (and future roomie) are so in sync that they even dressed alike 
without planning it...


And one more of Rusty because he is my little angel boy...



In November, it was time to vote...




Soon after, we got our first red cups of the season!



Von Maur had an Auburn themed Christmas tree and Miss S was in love with it!



Happy Thanksgiving 2016!



Miss S had some pictures taken at Lake Purdy when it was dried up from the extreme
drought we had. In this picture she is actually posing in the bottom of the
lake floor. The water was completely dried up!



Hubby was shopping for duck hunting essentials, and Miss S made friends with 
a goose!



Early Christmas at Mimi's house...



Christmas Eve at our house...




Christmas Day at Mamaw and Papa's house...




Kicking off the New Year right with some shopping...



and the time when Hunter wanted his sissy to hold his bone for him to chew...
Yes, our fur babies are spoiled rotten! :)



and Shelley wanted us to know she thinks Hunter is ridiculous and annoying!



Rusty only has eyes for his Mommy! 



Hunter and Miss S are best friends!



Hunter and Rusty enjoy the warm sunshine because we really did not have a
winter in Alabama this year.



Miss S got her MacBook Pro for college and has never been more in love
with a computer!



Family night sushi...



and on March 4, time for more shopping... This time with Mamaw and Papa. 
My parents came to town to spend time with us because I had a really, really 
rough week.



After my sweet Rusty passed away suddenly on March 1, and I thought my heart
might never stop breaking, Hubby drove 10 hours to Polk City, Florida to get me
a new baby boy. Hubby brought him home on March 10, 2017.



He weighed 1.9 pounds when I got him, and he fit perfectly in my arms and I
had hope that the hole in my heart from Rusty might one day heal. We named
him Roo, and he is so precious. He has is own instagram, and you can follow
him by clicking here if you love miniature dachshunds like I do.



Hunter is still not sure where Rusty went, and does not quite understand how 
Roo can be so tiny!



Miss S had an early birthday party because her birthday always falls during
Spring Break and all of her friends were going away on trips.





Shelley had a birthday in March too. Shelley turned six!



For Spring Break, we went to Nashville for the week. Miss S loved Nashville and 
decided that she just may want to live there after college.




On March 31, my precious, smart, funny, silly, independent girl turned 18 years old.



In April, it was time for Senior Prom...






Also in April, was Easter Sunday...



At the end of April, the Seniors with a 4.0 GPA or higher got to give a "Golden Apple"
award to their favorite teacher. Miss S gave hers to her AP Calculus teacher,
Coach Ritchie.



On May 1st it was "College Decision Day" at school. The students were supposed to
wear shirts representing the school that they would be attending in the Fall.



Roo is growing too. He weighs 5.9 pounds in this picture...



On May 7, Hubby took Miss S and future roomie to Talladega. They go every
year and have a ball!



Last Sunday was Mother's Day...



And then on Tuesday, May 16, it was Senior Awards Day at school...



Yesterday, we took a few more pictures of Miss S in her cap and gown with all of 
her honors chords on.

Even though I still can not believe this is happening, and I am so not ready for
my baby to graduate high school and move away to college, I am SO VERY PROUD
of her. 

She is such a blessing to me and I am so very thankful that God gave her to me
and allowed me to be her mom.




I'm not sure how I will hold up next week, I know my emotions will be all
over the place, but I will plan to see you here each day.


Have a wonderful weekend, and thank you for reading and following our
journey each week.



     xoxo,








No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...