Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Home Sweet Homes



Several months ago, I talked about wanting to do a project to create some type of
memory art to commemorate the places we have lived.

I searched Pinterest and had thought about doing something like this...

source


or maybe even something like this...

source


But that was as far as I had gotten with the idea. I was stuck in the thinking stage.


Until...

Last week while in Nashville for Miss S's Spring Break, my Dad wanted to go 
to the American Pickers store. Their store is located in the Marathon Village area 
and while we were there walking around, we discovered the cutest place called



When I walked in, I immediately spotted a wooden state of Alabama. The wheels in my
mind started turning. After much debate, I decided that this would be perfect to bring
my "places we've lived" idea to fruition. When I stepped up to pay I got a wonderful
surprise! My sweet mom stepped up to buy it for me. Isn't she the best?!

I could hardly wait to get my state home and get it ready to hang. The state was
supposed to come with one red heart, but they happily sold us three extra hearts so
I could have the four that I needed.

Here is the finished product on the wall in my family room. I love it, and it is
exactly what I was looking for.



All four cities that we have lived in are marked with red hearts. I'm pleased with the
way it looks, with how simple it was to complete, and also with the fact that it is done!
I can cross this little project off my list.


Have a wonderful day and I will see you on Thursday!












No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...