Monday, February 6, 2017

A Thankful and Blessed Weekend


Friday was a great day of thankfulness for me, but also a day that I do not want to
repeat any time soon

Hubby had been having some tightness in his chest, shortness of breath, and pain running
down his left arm. After seeing a cardiologist last Wednesday, and doing a nuclear stress 
test on Thursday, Hubby was scheduled for a heart catheterization procedure on Friday. 
We arrived at the hospital a little before 6:00 a.m on Friday, and nurses took Hubby down
for prep around 7:15. I was so anxious and worried. We did not know what the cardiologist 
would find, or what would have to be done to fix whatever he found. We were hoping for a
stent but trying to be prepared if open heart surgery would be needed.

Finally after about two hours I saw the nurses bring Hubby out of the Cath Lab and they
told us they were taking him to a room. The doctor walked us to Hubby's room and began
telling us the results. Hubby's main artery in his heart was 90% blocked, but the doctor was
able to repair it with a stent. The doctor told us Hubby's artery that was blocked is known as
"the widowmaker." The doctor told us that this had been a very close call and that Hubby 
was extremely lucky he sought medical attention when he did. I looked at the clock, and
realized that this would be a moment in time that I would never, ever forget.  


I am so thankful that Hubby is here with me today and that we get a second chance to live 
a healthier life. I am so happy that God still wants him here with me, and for our little family!


Hubby was then made to lay flat on his back in the hospital bed until 2:45 Friday afternoon.
He was pretty uncomfortable but did manage to sleep on and off until it was finally time to
get up and move around a little. He stayed overnight in the hospital, and was able to come 
home around 11:00 Saturday morning.


He now takes three pills in the morning, and two pills at bedtime, but I am overjoyed
to have him here to give pills to!

Saturday night, we relaxed on the couch with all the fur babies nearby. The two puppies
are snuggling with us on the couch and Kitty Baby is right behind the couch in her cat
tower. Everyone is so happy Hubby is home.




On Sunday after church. we had lunch at Captain D's. Miss S can eat the grilled shrimp skewers
and they don't bother her tummy. She can also eat the rice, and gets green beans and broccoli as
sides. It's nice to have a meal she can eat and enjoy since she has so many issues now with
so many other foods.



After lunch, we made a quick stop to get Miss S her new laptop for college.


She has wanted a MacBook Pro for a while, and her grandparents pitched in to purchase
it for her as her graduation present. These things are so super nice, but also come with
quite a large price tag!

We wrapped up our Sunday by resting and relaxing at home and by watching the 
Super Bowl. Our team didn't win, but I could care less, because my Hubby is happy, 
healthy, and home with me, and life is GOOD! I am so thankful and blessed.

Now, if we can just get through the next several months and keep everyone I love
happy and healthy, I will be over the moon excited!


How was your weekend?

Did you watch the Super Bowl?

Are you a Mac or PC user?











No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...