Friday, January 20, 2017

Restorative Friday Favorites


Happy almost weekend everyone! Let's talk Friday Favorites.

For some reason, I woke up this morning and my body feels like I never went to bed.
My mind feels rested, but my body feels just as tired (or maybe even more so) than 
when I went to sleep last night. Thankfully I am home all day today, so there will be 
lots of Restorative Yoga happening today. These poses are some of my absolute 
favorites for when your body, and/or your mind need support and rest. They feel 
absolutely wonderful, so I thought today would be the perfect time to share them 
here with all of you. When things are this good, you just have to make sure everyone
knows!

Restorative Yoga is different from other types of yoga in that you hold each pose for an
extended period of time, (typically 2-3 minutes.) There is no rushing from pose to pose,
and you put your focus on deep, calm, restorative breathing. If you have never tried it 
before, I urge you to pin these poses and try them soon. Magical is the only way to 
describe how you will feel when you are done.


(source)


* I love all of these poses, but would have to say supported bridge pose and legs up 
the wall pose are my all-time favorites from this list.

Two more that I love are these...


(source)




(source)


Do yourself a favor and try a few of these today, or for a special treat, try ALL of 
them. You will be so glad you did!


If you are looking for a little more action and movement in your workouts, take a 
look at my post from yesterday where you will find a full week's worth of
workout videos all in one place, and all for free!



Have a wonderful weekend!














No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...