Friday, December 30, 2016

It's About That Time



In a post from last week, I mentioned a few things that I am planning to do in 
January. Well, ready of not, January will be here on Sunday! So, I wanted to quickly
recap a few challenges that I want to start in case you are interested in doing any of
them along with me.

 - 1 -

I want to start off the brand new year with a daily scripture plan like this one.





Like I said last week, I won't be writing these out each day, but I would like to commit
 to reading the verses daily.



- 2 -

I also want to do this 30 day plan from Spark People. With this easy to follow plan, 
you complete one small task each day and in 30 days you get the gift of a noticeably 
less cluttered home. I am thinking maybe I will go through the plan every other month
all year long and see how much I can accomplish by this time next year.



Week 1 of the plan is this:


Week 1:  


Bathroom:


Day 1: Medicine Cabinet

Toss expired medications, hotel shampoos that you’ll never use, and throw out lotions 
you’ve had since 1990. While you’re at it, give the mirror a quick wipe, too.

Day 2: Shower

Get rid of the extras and empties in your shower. Invest in a shower caddy to keep 
everything organized and in one spot.

Day 3: Makeup Drawer / Bag  

Go through your makeup bag or drawer and reassess some of the items. Hot pink
eye shadow you haven’t touched since 1980? Toss! Lipstick that doesn’t smell quite
right anymore? You know what to do. If you haven’t used it in a year, it’s time to trash it.

Day 4: Linen Closet

Over time those neatly stacked towels start to shift and folded sheets somehow end up on 
the floor. And why is your kiddo’s baseball bat in there, anyway? Take stock of what’s in 
the linen closet, straighten what you want and consider donating items you haven’t used in 
more than a year to charity.

Bedroom:


Day 5: Nightstand

Nightstands collect books, water bottles and electronics along with gobs of dust. Clear it off, 
wipe it down and leave only the bare minimum.

Day 6: Dresser

Dressers can hide a lot in their drawers. Open every drawer, refold messy clothes and 
match every sock. Start a donate pile of any clothes you no longer need and a toss pile 
of holey shirts and socks you can part with.

Day 7: Master Closet

Add to those donate and toss piles by going through your closet. Follow your gut: You know 
what you’re regularly wearing and what haven’t worn in ages. Try not to let sentimentality 
get in the way of decluttering!


Click here to look ahead to all 30 days. (Source: sparkpeople.com)



- 3 -

I also signed up for  this free 30 day yoga challenge. Once you sign up, you will receive
access to all 30 days of videos. I believe the longest video is 16 minutes long. I believe
I can surely find 16 minutes each day to make the time to do something good for myself.
Increasing my calm, and my flexibility is definitely something I need, and want to do in
2017, so I plan to try this challenge to get that ball rolling.



Alright guys. Now you know what I will be up to in January. I haven't gotten any
formal "goals" written out for the New Year, but I do know that these are three areas
I certainly want to improve in the coming year.

What are your plans for 2017?

Do you think you will try any of the ones mentioned here? I'd love to know if
you do!


Have a wonderful weekend and HAPPY New Year to all of you!!!

Thank you so much for following our journey through 2016, I hope you will
stick with us in 2017 too. :)












No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...