Thursday, December 22, 2016

A Little Drained


This week has been a little draining. Monday, should have been a really happy day 
filled with lots of love. Monday was mine and Hubby's 24th wedding anniversary!

Instead, Hubby's grandfather passed away. Hubby spent half of the day traveling
in hopes that he might make it to see him before he died.

On Tuesday, it would have been Drake's 10th birthday.







This is one of my favorite pictures of Drake and Hubby playing together. This was
taken about eight years ago. Drake loved to run, jump, and play!




On Wednesday, I made the trek through Christmas traffic to Target to check on
my glasses and sunglasses that I ordered on Dec. 10. When I arrived, they realized
that the lab had made a mistake when making my lenses. They made dark lenses for
my regular glasses, and clear lenses for my sunglasses. Soooo totally backwards!
What a mix up!  This kind of thing could only happen to me, haha!

And now today... we are getting ready to travel for Hubby's grandfather's funeral. I
will probably cry for Hubby, and that will spark crying some more because I still
love and miss our Drake.

Yes, it has been a draining week, but I do realized we have so many blessings and
so much to be thankful for. I don't mean to whine and complain and act as if we
are the only people in the world having an unexpectedly emotional week.

We have our health and each other, plus we have three happy, healthy fur babies
ready to love on us any time we want. We have plenty of blessings and reasons
to be thankful, and I will remember to count them today.

I love our little family!




I may not pop in again until after Christmas, so if I don't "see" you until
next week...

Have a very Merry Christmas!!!










No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...