Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Labor Day Weekend Recap


Aren't three day weekends the best? Having an extra day to spend with the 
people you love is such a special treat.

On Friday, Miss S's school won their 3rd football game of the season. While
she was cheering on her team, Hubby and I relaxed at home with some Chinese
take out. It seems like that has been our go-to Friday night plan for several weeks
now and I think it is perfect! I had done some shopping and errands during the day
on Friday, so staying in on Friday night was exactly what I wanted. Home Sweet
Home!

Saturday was a very special day! Hunter turned 5 months old...


And...

My parents celebrated 51 years of marriage!

I am so thankful and blessed to have parents that are not only loving, caring, and 
supportive, but that are 100% committed to each other and to sharing their lives 
together.

Teenagers like to use the expression "goals" to describe things that they want in their 
lives, and I can tell you, my parents, their relationship, and their love for each other 
is definitely, "goals."

In honor of their special day, Miss S and I visited them on Sunday and Monday to
celebrate. No celebration is complete without some presents!

We gave them this super soft faux fur throw. Mom is always cold, so we thought
she could get a lot of use from it. I have a few around my house and they are so
cozy and comforting to snuggle up with.


And to share my love of all things fall related, we gave them this adorable fall
pumpkin for their door. I was hoping to find something exactly like this, and 
Kirkland's did not disappoint.


They also love using the scented sachets from Kirkland's to keep sock drawers
and closets smelling amazing. Dad got to open them while mom was opening
the bigger items.


The exact scent we got for them is not available online, but you can find similar
ones here.

We enjoyed our visit very much, and wish we could visit every month. Life just
gets in the way!

On Monday afternoon, Hunter played in his swimming pool. He had a blast 
jumping in and out and running and playing.



And just like that, another weekend has come and gone. It was such a happy 
one, but now it's time to get back into the routine of school, work, chores, 
errands, etc.


How was your weekend?

Did you travel, or stay close to home?


Thanks for visiting today, and I will see you back here on Thursday!









No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...