Monday, August 22, 2016

Weekend Recap...Spirit, Scents, & Sushi


Friday was a big day for Miss S. Not only was it the day of the 1st football game of her 
Senior year, it was also the 1st pep rally of the season. The Senior class put in lots of 
work on posters and spirited costumes. The theme for the pep rally was "The Olympics,"
and the Senior class's theme was "Go For Gold."

Here is a pic of many of the Seniors at the pep rally on Friday. (Dance team, band and 
football team not pictured.)


The Senior class won the coveted "Spirit Stick" which means that they showed the
most school spirit and were the loudest at cheering. Not only did her class win the
spirit stick, her school won the challenge from Chick-fil-A and was awarded a 
$1,700 donation from Chick-fil-A.

They also won their first ballgame of the season 49 - 33!

My Friday wasn't filled with spirit sticks, costumes, or pep rally's, but I did find
some treasured items.

While grocery shopping on Friday, I got super excited when I saw that a few pumpkin
items had made there way to the store shelves.

1st fall finds of the season!

I loved the Pumpkin Pie Greek yogurt last year, so I quickly grabbed four off the shelf.
Then a couple of isles later, I spotted these adorable leaf plug-in warmers. I could not
help myself. Two just hopped off the shelf and into my hands! I also bought the Pumpkin
Dream scented Glade Plug-In and I am so very happy I did. The scent has made our home
smell absolutely wonderful. I need to get back to the store and buy more of this scent before
it's too late. People tend to buy up all the pumpkin goodies pretty quickly, so there isn't 
much time to waste!

Friday night while Miss S was at the first football game of the year, Hubby and I
headed out for sushi.


I ordered the Mango Rolls and they tasted as good as they look. Isn't the presentation
of the sushi just beautiful? So, so good! I could eat these with no problem three or four
times a week.

Saturday was a mostly quiet day. I worked on Miss S's Senior year scrapbook while
Hubby cut the grass. For dinner Saturday night, Hubby did the cooking! Miss S even
popped in long enough to have dinner with us before she was off to another social event.
Hubby grilled steaks, seared ahi tuna, and made baked potatoes. As usual, it was 
delicious. Unfortunately, even when he cooks, I still get to wash the dishes, boo.

On Sunday, we were quite surprised to come up on a mini traffic jam.


Cars had to come to a complete stop on a four lane highway because a whole gaggle 
of geese were crossing. There were probably 40 of them. If made me giggle at the
thought of geese causing a traffic jam while they waddled their way across four lanes 
of traffic.


By Sunday evening, I had finished this book.


I know, I know. The last time I mentioned it, I was complaining that it was not good 
at all. I had read 126 pages at that time, and still could care less about the story line. 
Well, somewhere around page 150, I was finally getting into the book. There 
were some parts I would have left out, but I finished it and overall changed 
my mind about it. I would rate it a 3 out of 5 stars.

While I am still waiting on this book from the library...



I'm going to read this book next...


If you've been reading my blog for long, you know how I feel about
Lauren Graham.


I hope I love her book as much as I love her character on Gilmore Girls!


Well, I think that about sums up our weekend.

How was yours?

Ever been stopped in traffic by a gaggle of geese?

Have you read a good book lately?


Have a great day!












No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...