Thursday, August 11, 2016

Three Things Thursday


Happy Thursday everyone!

Today I've got two little things that are making me happy, and one sad little
issue to share. Let's get started!




First up, the happies...


- one -

I just couldn't do it. I tried to wait, but it just could not be put off any longer. Maybe
the endless rain that we are having has pushed me over the edge, but I finally gave in.

I was trying to wait a few more weeks before I brought out my fall scented candles,
but you know what? My house, my rules! Why shouldn't I burn fall candles in August
if that is what makes me happy?!

So...

My Pumpkin Apple candle came out of storage yesterday and into my living room.
That scent makes my heart and my nose SO happy. 


Within about 10 minutes, my whole mood had improved. I sure hope Bath & Body
bring back this scented candle this fall.


- two -

Something else that makes my heart happy is this article. This article says that my
beloved PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) is coming soon!

Not only is it coming to Starbucks soon, but McDonald's will be releasing it's own version
called the McCafe Pumpkin Spice Latte on August 31st. I am so excited to try the McD's
version too. I am hopefully optimistic that it will be both tasty and thrifty. I will be sure
to let you know as soon as I try it.


And now for the issue that is annoying me, even more than the unhappy combination
of puppies and rainy days. (Puppies need lots of play and exercise and rainy days are
making that little issue a bit complicated.)


- three -

The thing that is really, really annoying me is waiting on this book. This is the fifth
book in the series I've been reading and loving.


I'm so over waiting! I have read all 4 of the previous books in the series and am currently
waiting my turn in line at the library to get my hands on this 5th book.

The book was released on August 2, and I reserved it on August 2, but still have
not gotten it. Our library system has 6 copies of the book and I have no idea how
far down on the waiting list I am and it's making me crazy! (Hubby would probably
say, "short trip!" but's that's a whole other story, haha.)

In an attempt to keep myself from completely losing my mind, I started reading
this book, also by Debbie MacComber, and I just don't like it. I just can't say it any
other way.



I've only gotten to page 126 because I am not enjoying it. I am trying to keep reading,
hoping it will get really good at some point, but I find myself feeling frustrated.
The plot is lame, the characters are boring, and it just leaves me asking the
question, "Who cares?"

I suppose I could solve the issue by buying the Sweet Tomorrows at a bookstore, but
I will try to hold out a little longer for the library to get a copy for me.


Well, that's a little bit about nothing much, but happens to be a few things going on in
my life lately. I may brave the rain and venture out for a little window shopping today,
just for fun. We shall see!


For those of you wondering about Miss S and her 1st week of school...

She is doing well and seems to be pretty happy with her schedule and her teachers.
The school will be having an Open House on Tuesday evening, so I am looking
forward to attending that. Typically they share all the important dates with us, like
the date for homecoming, the date for prom, and the date for graduation, so I look
forward to finding out when those big events will be. I will be marking my calendar,
that's for sure.

Have a great day, and stay dry if you can! I have a feeling that I may have to
ignore the rain and take Hunter on a walk anyway. I don't know how much more
being housebound either one of us can take!

I'll see you tomorrow!








No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...