Monday, July 25, 2016

Weekend Recap



Happy Monday! Here we are starting the last week in July. Where did the summer
go? I had so many things I wanted to do this summer, and places that I wanted to
go with Miss S, and the summer is nearly gone. Miss S will be back in school in
15 days. I can't believe the time is slipping away so quickly.

Speaking of Miss S, she went to the 5 Seconds of Summer concert Friday night
with friends. They had a blast even though the heat and humidity were what I would
call unbearable. I've endured the heat in the past at summer concerts to see people like 
Luke Bryan, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker, and Cole Swindell, so I remember how 
miserable the heat can be. I didn't mind skipping this concert at all!

Her outfit of the night was this cute romper from Target.



On Saturday, Miss S left for the beach with a friend and her family. In an attempt
to keep ourselves busy, Hubby and I had lunch together at Jim 'N Nick's. We shared
the brisket plate, and still had enough to bring home leftovers. Looks like this girl will
be having brisket for lunch today!



Sunday was an emotional day. Our pastor preached his last sermon before retirement.

Bro. Doug has been a special person in Hubby's life for 17 years, so this is hard on him.
This picture was taken on Easter Sunday of Bro. Doug and Hubby.


Next Sunday we will have a celebration for his 29 years as pastor of the church, and then
he will be retiring. It will be weird going to church and not seeing Bro. Doug from now on!


Well, I think those are the highlights from our weekend.

I will see you back here tomorrow for some Tuesday Talk.

Have a great day!










No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...