Monday, June 13, 2016

Weekend Recap....Puppy Love and Couch Potatoes



Lots of time was spent at home this weekend.

Miss S was with friends most of the day on Friday, but was home in time for 
dinner with the family, and stayed in for some family t.v. time. We started watching
Friday Night Lights on Netflix.


I have such mixed feeling on this show. It is sad and depressing, but gripping and
even funny at times. The little town in Texas is obsessed with its high school football
team, and on numerous occasions I have found myself telling a few of the characters
to "get a life!"


I also caught up on a couple of Hallmark Movies on my DVR.

I watched these two...







Hubby and Miss S are not huge Hallmark movie watchers, so I arranged myself 
in a comfy spot on the couch with my boys and enjoyed the light, happy (or as 
Hubby would say, sappy) movies.

Drake took some really good naps while I watched my movies...




On Sunday afternoon, I watched two new episodes of Open Concept on HGTV.



Whitney and Ashley are sisters that blog and build over at Shanty 2 Chic.

The pilot episode of their show aired in September, and finally episode 2 and 3 aired
on Sunday. Their show is absolutely the best thing on HGTV right now. I was thrilled 
that I stumbled upon them Sunday afternoon. If you can catch the show when it replays,
you have to watch. Their home transformations are absolutely beautiful and they build
almost all of the furniture that they use in the home makeovers themselves. They even put
the plans up on their blog, so you can build the projects for yourself if you want.


You may be wondering why I spent so much time inside and watching t.v.

Well, besides the fact that the weather outside was a steamy, humid, torturous, 96 degrees,
I also wanted to spend LOTS of quality time with my boys.



Drake has not been himself for about a month now, and we found out Friday
afternoon that he has a large cyst that is pressing on his prostate and also causing
narrowing of his colon. (hence the tummy troubles he has been having)


We are not sure of details yet. He is scheduled to have an ultrasound done tomorrow
to learn more. Right now, he is showing all the signs of prostate cancer, but we have
also learned that the cyst can make a dogs body mimic all the same signs.

We are not sure what this week will hold, and if this will be treatable, or if we may
soon be saying goodbye to our son. He is so much more than a dog to us. He is like
a child. He is family. He is my best friend. He is my big, cuddly teddy bear that
takes every step I take each day. He guards me while I vacuum to make sure the noisy
machine isn't going to hurt me. He watches me, and walks with me, and lays beside me
every moment that I am home.

Needless to say this weekend has been filled with lots of emotion. Lots of hugs, snuggles,
and tears.


In addition to the emotion we are feeling about Drake and his health, we are also
emotional because Miss S will be taking her Senior portraits at school this week.

The blog will probably be a little quiet during this time.

If I have good news, I will certainly pop on and share it, but if we are still
in emotional limbo, I probably will spend time either loving on and comforting
Drake, or trying to distract myself enough that I can get through the week.


Thank you for reading each day, and I will be back in a few days. Any good thoughts
and prayers that you can offer at this time is much appreciated.







No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...