Thursday, June 30, 2016

Three Things Thursday





Happy Thursday to you, and happy LAST day of June!

How's your week going? We are knee deep in pill giving and eye cleaning over here. Drake 
is too smart for his own good and knows when medicine is coming his way. The protest 
begins the moment you tell him to "sit." He clamps his jaws shut and the battle begins. By 
the time the ordeal is done, you have broken a sweat and have doggie slobber up your forearms.
And that is just to get two pills to go down. Applying ointment to both of his eyes is another 
event all its own. Drake is smart, and strong, so the procedure goes much smoother with two 
people. I try to wipe his eyes clean by myself during the day and usually have no luck at all. 
This dog is my heart, but he is wearing us out!

How about we move on to other non-doggie related topics?

- one -

The weather has been hot, humid, and ridiculous. 



My car was saying 102 degrees yesterday. Yikes. If you don't have a body of water
near by, then it is just too hot to be outside!


- two -

We took a tiny break from doggie drama and extreme heat to make Homemade Oreo Ice Cream. 
It was out of this world amazing, and is our best ice cream recipe so far.



We used our simple recipe and added everything to the maker and mixed well.
(Everything except the ice and rock salt, of course!)

In about an hour, we were enjoying delicious homemade ice cream.


- three -

I took a little field trip to Target after work yesterday and found lots of temptation,
as usual.

Look at this cute little notebook/journal.


I love the quote! What a great reminder that our attitude has a lot to do with the amount
of fun that we have in our life. This made me stop and think about my perspective on
some things that's for sure. Who knew I would receive a life lesson in Target on a random
Wednesday?! :)


Also, once again, Target's pillow game is strong. How cute are these?


If I find an extra $50 laying around, I will be bringing home some new pillows!


How are you staying cool during the summer heat?

Have you made homemade ice cream yet this summer?

Does Target make you wish you had extra cash laying around?


Have a great day and I will see you tomorrow. (July 1st!)








No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...