Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Tuesday Talk


I've got something fun to share with you today! Something that I believe will make
your taste buds very happy.

I created a new-to-me flavor combination for my water and I can not get enough
of it. I drink a lot of water daily, but sometimes I just want something with a little
more flavor. When the craving for more flavor hits, I usually add a slice or two of
lemon. At times I have even added a slice or two of cucumber. While both of those 
flavor combinations are quite good, I must say that I hit the flavor jackpot on this 
new creation of mine.



I washed, and then sliced, one strawberry, and one slice of lemon. (You can add more
strawberry if you want a sweeter taste, or more lemon if you want a more tart taste.)


After the fruits sit in the water for about ten minutes, you can really start to taste the
flavors. The strawberry and lemon combo make a super refreshing treat!  Miss S doesn't
like lemon water, but she actually likes this creation! I am loving it, and look forward to
playing around with more flavor combinations too.














Note: For the Kale White Bean and Sausage Soup, I pretty much use my own "recipe," 
but this one helps me remember the ingredients to buy at the store. I use low-sodium turkey 
sausage,  no sodium chicken broth and I cook everything in my crock pot. 


And a quick update on my DIY Fake Nails experiment. This video claims that the fake nails
will last for about three weeks. I am now on day 9, and have 6 fake nails remaining.
I don't want to soak my nails in acetone, so I am letting them pop off as they want to.

Overall, I would say that I was happy with the techniques that I learned in the video, and
would do my own nails again for a special occasion. I am happy with how real they looked,
they were really easy to apply, and they did last long enough for me.


What are you eating this week?

Do you ever add fruit to your water?

Would you try to do your own fake nails?



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...