Monday, April 4, 2016

B'day Weekend Recap



Hello and welcome to a brand new week!

The weather outside is beautiful and can only mean that a great week is on it's way.

Thanks for joining me today as I recap our marvelous weekend.


 - Friday -

Friday night, we went out on the town to celebrate Miss S's 17th birthday. Miss S picked
the place, and we had dinner at Village Tavern Restaurant at the Summit. But, before we
went, we had to take a few pictures!

Me with my birthday girl...




Hubby with our birthday girl...



Hubby and me wondering how in the world our baby girl is already 17 years old...



Our reservation for dinner was at 6:00 and not only was the atmosphere calm and
inviting, the food was excellent. Miss S and I both ordered the fish tacos. I wasn't 
a huge fan of the rice of beans that came with it, but the fish tacos were really delicious.

via

Hubby ordered the Delmonico steak and Miss S's boyfriend ordered the shrimp and grits.
Their food must have been good as well, because they both gobbled it right up!

Our waitress suggested that Miss S order the warm butter cake for her birthday
dessert. We were all feeling festive and figured that would be a fun idea.


Here is a close up...

via

Y'all.

This cake.

Oh my goodness.

Warm Butter Cake is it's name and even though the description is spot on, it still 
doesn't prepare you for the awesomeness that you are about to experience.

If you are ever near a Village Tavern, please do yourself a favor and save room
for this plate of perfection.

I love this pic of Miss S with her cake, and her boyfriend watching her.  He has the sweetest expression on his face when he looks at her. That makes this mama's heart happy!



After dinner, the cuties posed for a quick birthday pic...



After dinner Miss S wanted to make a little stop in Kendra Scott. Hubby was still in
a good mood from dinner, and bought Miss S a necklace and me a pair of earrings!

Thanks to Hubby and Kendra Scott, our perfect evening, was made even better.



- Saturday -


Saturday was another fun day filled with three of my favorite things...My girl, Target and 
Gilmore Girls. Miss S went in for new glasses and contacts, but we also ended up 
doing some shopping too. Our Target trips always produce lots of laughs too. Here
is Miss S modeling a sun hat from the Bullseye's Playground section.



She also found a water bottle with dachshunds on it that she just couldn't live
without. She had been talking about getting a S'well Bottle for several weeks and
when she found this one made for Target stores that had dachshunds on it, it was 
a done deal.



Saturday evening, I finished up Season 4 of Gilmore Girls on Netflix and started
Season 5. Luke and Lorelai are finally dating! Finally! We all knew this day would
come, and I look forward to seeing how their relationship goes. 



- Sunday -

Nothing too exciting to report from Sunday. Just the usual...

Church, lunch at Mother In Law's house, then a quite afternoon at home,
with more Gilmore Girls of course! Hubby actually watched 3 episodes with
me last night! He never voluntarily watches, so that was a huge surprise. :)


Well, I think today is the day that I will start organizing my Scrapbook/Craft 
room. I have a couple of projects that I want to work on, but the space has to be
organized before I can really get started on the fun stuff. I also need to get back into
an exercise routine. I have been thrown off lately with studying and traveling, so
"Move It Monday" is the perfect time to get back on track.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!


I'm linking up with Katie today for Mimm.










4 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!!! :) What a blessing each year from the Lord God Almighty is on this earth! <3 May God give her many more years to serve Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So in love with your daughter's romper!! Looks like a perfect birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girl is certainly the fashionista in our family! She found it at Forever 21!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...