Thursday, March 17, 2016

Three Things Thursday { Throwback Edition }



Happy St. Patrick's Day, and welcome to Three Things Thursday.





Warning: Item #1 will involve large amounts of parental gushing about Miss S.
If you don't want to hear this proud mama blab on and on, please skip to
item #2.





Tomorrow morning, Miss S will be inducted into the Spanish Honor Society at 
her school. The students inducted must have taken at least two years of Spanish, and 
must have had all A's in Spanish for each nine weeks that they have been enrolled in
the course. I feel like that is a pretty big honor and we are so very proud of her!

Thinking about her induction to the Spanish Honor Society reminds me of last year
about this time, that she was inducted into the National Honor Society

Last school year, on April 13, Miss S was initiated into the National Honor Society. 
Only 67 students out of over 300 in her class were selected for initiation, so I think that 
is a pretty big deal. The 67 students had to have over a 3.9 GPA, and exhibit qualities 
of leadership, service, and good character.

The ceremony was held at 9:00 a.m in her school's auditorium and Sunday
dress was required.









I am so thankful and blessed that God blessed us with such a sweet, smart,
funny, beautiful, and well-rounded daughter. 







I'm also thinking back to last year about this time when we celebrated Miss S's birthday 
with friends. She invited about 10 of her friends to have dinner at the Mellow Mushroom. 
Any time pizza and birthday cake are involved, you know it's a good time, haha.

Miss S wanted a strawberry cake with pale pink and yellow icing. She also wanted
the numbers " 16 " in icing on top so she wouldn't have to have candles.





Adorable and delicious. Win, win.

I can hardly believe we will be celebrating her 17th birthday in exactly
two weeks. Someone please tell me where the time went!

Prom is coming up on Saturday...

Miss S did a trial run of her hair and makeup yesterday afternoon
and looked absolutely stunning. She is meeting her friend SC this afternoon
to get her spray tan. Okay, I have to stop talking about it right now because 
I feel the emotions and the tears rising...





Today, tomorrow, and Saturday will be super jam-packed and busy.

My "to do" list for today looks like this:

- cardio + yoga

- laundry

-  grocery store

- shop for an Easter dress

-  work


My list needs to say STUDY. Man oh man, I have gotten way off track on that! 
Studying and finishing PT CEU's has got to get back to the top of my "to do" list.




I will be cheering Miss S on tomorrow at her Spanish Honor Society induction 
ceremony, then rushing to the gym to meet clients, so I will see you back here 
on Monday!


If you made it all the way through this post, thanks for letting me gush about my 
sweet angel today!


Have a great weekend, and check back Monday for 
some Prom pics!











2 comments :

  1. So proud of Ms. S!!!! That is such an honor. I remember like yesterday your posts about her turning 16. It's hard to believe it has been almost a year already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy! Time is going by way too fast!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...