Thursday, February 4, 2016

Three Things Thursday


Happy Friday Eve!

Yes, we are one day closer to the weekend. I don't think I have any special
plans buy, hey, it's the American way to be super excited for weekends, so let's
not upset the American way.

Are you ready for Three Things Thursday? Yes, me too!




- one -



Miss S got mail yesterday that made me chuckle. Now that she is a junior in high school,
she often gets mail from a prospective college once or twice per week. Typically I just
roll my eyes and say something like, "Nope, my baby is not going to ____________."

Well, yesterday she got mail from two military colleges. When I saw them, I couldn't
help but to chuckle. If they only knew that Miss S was the child that quit swim lessons
"because the lady tried to tell her what to do..." Nope. I'm not even kidding. My child
hated swim lessons because the swim instructor tried to tell her what to do. Have you
ever? My child has certainly had a mind of her own since the day she was born! I'm
can tell you with 100% certainty that a military college is not going to happen.

I didn't even know that The University of North Georgia existed, much less that it
is "The military college of Georgia." The other piece of mail was from West Point!
Very funny guys, but no. Just no.



- two -

I read an interesting article about Open and Closed Chain Exercises yesterday.
I have heard the terms before, and read plenty of fitness articles that refer to these
terms, but never really took the time to try to understand what they meant.

This article is a short, easy read, and helps you quickly understand the differences
and why they matter. It recommends that the majority of our workout should
include closed chain exercises, especially if you ever have issues with joint pain.

Before you head back to the leg extension, leg curl, or chest press machine, you
may want to read this.



- three -

Miss S and BFF after National Honor Society induction last spring. (sophomore year)

and at the beach during Thanksgiving Break (junior year)

Today is one of Miss S's best friends birthdays. I can hardly believe her friends
are turning 17. 

My baby is getting mail from colleges and will be turning 17 in a couple of
months. Not sure how this is all happening so fast!

Well, this seems like a good time to wrap up this post. If I spend even five more
seconds thinking about how fast Miss S is growing up, there will certainly be
tears. I don't have time for a pity party today, so I'm going to stop typing now!

(By next year, I will surely need to own some stock in Kleenex.)


Have a great day!

See you tomorrow!










No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...