Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Quickie Kitchen Wall Art Redo


When we first moved into our house several years ago, almost every item in our
kitchen was coastal. I mean every single item! When you were in my kitchen, you
could almost forget that you weren't in a beach house kitchen.

Over the past 18 months or so, the coastal decor has slowly been replaced with 
farmhouse decor. The last two remaining coastal items were these two shell pictures.



About three weekends ago, I stopped in our Christmas Tree Shop to look around. I 
found two frames like this one, and an idea was sparked.


I absolutely love Katie Daisy art. I discovered it via Pinterest several months ago.
I also really love inspirational quotes. 

That's when the idea began to grow.

I wanted something new to replace the shell pictures in my kitchen. I love Katie Daisy 
art. I love inspirational quotes.

Why not combine three things that I love?

I searched Pinterest for Katie Daisy and decided on two quotes/prints that I liked.
There were hundreds of options but I finally chose these two.






I saved them, then printed them out to add to my new frames.




Hmmmm. I like the print, and I like the frame, but the white mat inside the frame 
is not the look I'm going for.

What's a girl to do?

Grab craft paint of course!






I mixed white with the turquoise paint to achieve the turquoise color that I wanted,
and added a little water so the paint would create more of a watercolor finish than
an acrylic paint finish. 

Once the paint was dry, I put everything back together and voila!




I love the way they turned out!


Before / After:


What a fun, quick, and easy DIY, and what a great way to make the artwork in my
kitchen more personal and inspirational.


(Ignore the 'spots' in the reflection of the new pictures. That is my pink nightgown
that has cheetah print hearts on it. Fun fact: I do my best crafting in my pajamas! lol)


Well, it is currently snowing here. They are teenie tiny flakes, but nonetheless,
I'm going to keep a watch on it. If one single flake sticks, I'll be going to get
my baby out of school! I can't help myself. Overreacting is kind of my thing...


Have a great day and stay warm!









No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...