Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Easing Into The New Year


Oh my goodness the house is Q U I E T this morning. I know that should be a good 
thing, but when Miss S first goes back to school after being home for a break, 
the quiet feels more lonely than peaceful. 

I've got plenty to do today to get back on track, so I need to focus on those 
things and not on the silence.

So let me get to blogging and then on to the rest of my "to do" list for the day!

By the time New Years Day rolled around last Friday, I had pretty much gotten
myself in a tizzy. I have some goals that I would like to accomplish in 2016,
and really wanted to sit down and write out a cute little list of "things to accomplish
in 2016." But every time I would try, I would get overwhelmed. For some reason,
that has been a frequent response for me. When I have too much on my mind, or
too much to do, or expect too much of myself, I will often shut down. Rather than
feeling driven and ready to "take the bull by the horns" so to speak, I get overwhelmed
and avoid the perceived difficulty at all costs. I start to feel overwhelmed, and instead
run in the opposite direction.

As I thought about what I hoped to change in 2016, and  about the things I would like
to accomplish in this New Year, the fear of trying and failing reared its ugly head.


Then I started seeing a couple of Bible verses pop up in different places on social media. 
I realized that these two verses of scripture were exactly what I needed to stop my tizzy 
in it's tracks.

Let's take a look at them now...


Isaiah 41:10  Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t 
be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen 
you and help you. I will hold you up with my 
victorious right hand.



Ephesians 3:20 Now all glory to God, who is able, 
through his mighty power at work within us, to 
accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.


After reading and pondering these verses, a sense of peace, and a feeling of hope
flooded over me.

God himself is telling me not to be discouraged! HE will strengthen me. HE will hold me
in his victorious hand.

HE wants to do mighty work through me, even more than the goals that I want to
accomplish in 2016.

Wow! I sure needed these verses.

I'm finally ready to move forward into the New Year without
feeling overwhelmed and defeated.





Tell me...

Do you like setting goals and attempting new challenges?

What do you do when you feel overwhelmed?



Have a great Tuesday!











No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...