Thursday, January 28, 2016

A Fitbit Flaw + Three Things Thursday





- one -

Do you want the good news first, or the bad news first?

Okay, let's start with the good news.

I walked 9,300 steps yesterday according to my fitbit charge HR. That's the good
news, the bad news is that the number of steps is most likely not completely 
accurate.

My mom shared with me that she had noticed that if you were not swinging your 
arms, then according to fitbit, you weren't walking. If you walk 5 miles, yet don't 
swing your arms for each step, the fitbit does not record the steps.

I have discovered that I walk lots of steps during the day without swinging my 
arms. If I am carrying something in my hands, while walking, fitbit says I am 
not moving. At the same time, I can sit be sitting on the couch and start moving 
my arms and fitbit thinks I am walking.

Yesterday, I checked the number of steps, and then made my way down and back on 
the gym floor checking on members, and fitbit never moved. Clearly I was walking, 
but I wasn't full out swinging my arms, so no steps. I would literally look insane 
swinging my arms while walking around on the gym floor with members. No wonder 
my fitbit has yet to see 10,000 steps in a day. Apparently I walk too gingerly. 
I've got to learn to flail my arms when I walk!

Ugh, fitbit. Not happy that $150 of my Christmas was spent on you when you only 
work when you feel like it. Ugh. 


- two -


I have an appointment to get my hair trimmed this morning, and my salon
just happens to be across the street from a Target! If you know me, you know that I
never blow dry my hair. I mean never. Life is too short to spend 45 minutes blow 
drying hair. But, today I get to go to my happy place with freshly blow dried and 
professionally styled hair. Pretty sure I will be walking around feeling like this...




- three -

They are putting together a bulletin board at our gym with all the personal
trainer's pictures on it. They also want to include a short, motivational quote
with each of our pictures, so I have been thinking about what quote I want to
use next to my picture. As of right now, I am considering these...



















I'm not sure which quote to choose. I really like all of them, plus I feel like 
there are plenty more that I am just not thinking of right now. I know that I am 
taking this way more serious than is necessary, but apparently overthinking
things while walking without swinging my arms is just what I do!



Have you heard anyone complaining about their fitbit?

Any tips for making it work without flapping and flailing while you walk?

Do you have a favorite motivational quote?


Thanks for reading, and have a great day!






No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...