Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween Weekend Recap


Sometimes I wake up on Saturday mornings and just don't feel like getting ready
and going out into the world. But this Saturday I woke up knowing I needed to get
out and about. Some days with two barking dogs in the house, you just need to escape
the noise and go on a little shopping trip. Surprisingly, Miss S wasn't feeling it at first, 
but did finally decide to join me on my morning out.


- Saturday -

Our first stop on Saturday morning was Trader Joe's. Our store is brand new and has
only been open for about three weeks.


Miss S stopped in her tracks when she saw all the flowers!


Of course some sunflowers immediately jumped into our cart to come home with us.

I also found some new to me pumpkin goodies and coffee to bring home.




Next on my list was Bath & Body. This girl loves her Bath & Body store. I hadn't
been in lately to smell the new winter scents and it was killing me!




While I liked the new winter scents, I didn't find one that I absolutely loved, so I indulged
in candles from the 50% off shelf.



I chose the "We Love Fall" trio candle, and Miss S chose the Radiant Red Maple.
OH MY GOODESS! They both smell amazing. I love them both so much that if our
darn store wasn't a 45 minute trip from our house, I would be going back today to buy
a few more! (They are already sold out of both online.)


After a few more stops, it was time for lunch. I knew without a doubt that I wanted a
cheeseburger from Five Guys. They are my favorite burgers in the world and I hadn't
had one in almost two years, so I was going to make sure it happened!





It was every bit as wonderful as I remembered. Oh Little Cheeseburger, you are truly amazing!


When we got back home, I sat our shopping bags on the floor to snap a quick pic.
Kitty Baby kind of made the same face that Hubby makes when I bring home shopping
bags! 



Saturday night, Miss S went out with friends while Hubby and I handled the invasion
of the trick-or-treaters, ate Chili, and watched a few shows from our DVR.

It was pouring down rain by 6:30, so we turned off our porch light and stopped the
madness.




- Sunday -


Sunday morning was church, and then some ho hum Mexican for lunch.


I was excited about this movie coming on the Hallmark Channel at 5:00.



I love Candace Cameron Bure, and even popped popcorn for my movie viewing pleasure.




Miss S emerged from her room while taking a homework break and was like...



Ugh. This time change is so gross. I like that it isn't dark when we get up in the mornings,
but hate that is is dark at 4:15 in the afternoon.

I seriously wanted to go to bed last night at 7:00! Crazy! It is definitely hard to get used to.


Today I'm linking up with Katie today for...



How was your weekend?

How do you survive the time change?










2 comments :

  1. Oh yeay! Someone else who loves the Hallmark Channel! I cannot wait for my DVR to get here today so I can record the movies. With my stepkids hoaging the tv, my best bet is to watch them movies when they are in school or at night. :-) And I am with you about Bath and Body. Their new winter scents are so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! A DVR is a must have. Hallmark movies are my absolute favorite. :) Thanks for visiting today!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...