Thursday, November 12, 2015

Currently Doing, Currently Reminiscing, Currently Learning



Currently...

It is raining, again. It's really getting hard to put a positive spin on rainy days!
This never ending string of rainy days is making me reconsider saying that fall is
my favorite season. I love the cooler temps, the fall scents, and the pumpkin spice
everything, but would happily trade the gloomy rainy days for the sunshine we 
took for granted during the summer months.


Currently on my "to do" list...

The grocery store. Ahhh. I'm living the dream, haha. No, I am not actually 
complaining because I remember all those years when I was teaching full time
and had to work all day, and then go to the grocery store, all while fighting crowds
of people who were just as tired and ready to get home as I was. I definitely count
my blessings every day that I can go run my errands while the roads and stores are
not crowded and crazed.

I've also got laundry, dishes, and vacuuming waiting on me, But, if I don't get to it
today, I know it will still be waiting on me tomorrow! The only time I've come home
to a clean house as a surprise was about 9 years ago. I had been out of town for a
teacher's conference for three days, and my wonderful parents were staying at my 
house to help with Miss S, who was only 7 at the time, and was still very much an 
attached Mommy's girl. Hubby's job often has crazy, unpredictable hours, so my 
parents stayed at our house with her to help get her to school, and to dance, and to all 
those places little girls need to be. When I got home late Friday afternoon, they surprised 
me with a spotlessly cleaned house. It was such a wonderful surprise. I felt to loved and 
so taken care of! Ahhh. Just thinking about it now makes me appreciate them even more.



Currently loving...

Yesterday I watched a Christmas movie on Hallmark Channel. (shocking, I know!)

It was one of my favorites from years past called Hat's Off to Christmas starring the
beautiful Haylie Duff.


After watching the movie, I discovered Haylie's blog called Real Girl's Kitchen.

While browsing her site, I came upon this quote...





Something about this quote just spoke to me. Life is not about trying to make everything
perfect. Life is messy, and that's okay. Instead of being miserable because you can't seem
to "get it all together" and make your life perfect, embrace life for what it is.

Life is messy, and it's supposed to be. Life was never meant to be perfect. Stop comparing
your life to others. Your life is yours to enjoy and to live as you wish. Do what makes you
and your loved ones happy. Stop looking over your shoulder to see who is "doing better
than you."


I just love this idea, and the freedom it brings. Life is messy. It's intended to be messy,
and it's okay to be happy in the mess. 


My lesson from all this rambling?

Accept life and all it's messiness. 

Embrace the mess, even on the rainy days, and be happy living your life, 
your way!












2 comments :

  1. I'm addicted to the Hallmark Christmas movies. Hats Off To Christmas is a great one! My top favorites are...The Christmas Card, A Holiday Engagement, A Royal Christmas, & The Christmas Pageant. But then again they're all great!

    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes those are good ones too! Yes, I love most of them as well. Thanks for visiting today! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...