Monday, November 16, 2015

Coffee, Cookies, and Christmas { A Weekend Recap )


When I left the gym Friday, I was on a mission.

The Starbucks red cup, and the Chestnut Praline Latte has been available
for over a week and I had not yet gotten either.

And, I had checked grocery stores and at Target, and had still been unsuccessful
in getting my hands on the Decaf Christmas blend.

I was determined that Friday would be the day to change all of that!


Mission accomplished.




I also received a coffee delivery in the mail on Friday.



Even though I am ready for all things Christmas, I still wasn't quite ready to say goodbye
to my beloved Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee. I had checked one of our Target stores, and
they were sold out of the decaf version that I needed. I didn't want to take the chance on 
driving all the way to another store to find that they were also sold out, so I embraced the 
fact that it is 2015 and did what any tech savvie coffee drinker would do. I ordered 
my precious coffee online, and had it sent to my house!



 Not only was Target's website offering free shipping, but my coffee was on sale as well.

I saved myself a trip, and saved myself some money! Whoot!



Saturday . . .

While enjoying my Christmas Blend coffee, I baked these PB and M&M Cookies.




These cookies are the perfect cookies for a lazy baker. They only have 4 ingredients.
I've made them several times now, so I don't even bother to measure anything anymore.

I scoop a couple of spoons of natural peanut butter into a mixing bowl, add one egg,
add enough sweetener (I used the Stevia baking blend instead of sugar) to thicken up
the batter, then add chocolate chips or M&M's, (or sometimes both!)



They turn out perfectly every time. Warning, if you are not a huge fan of peanut butter,
these cookies are not for you. Hubby says they are "too peanut buttery." I say there is no
such thing! Ha!


After coffee, and cookies, and bringing out all the Christmas decorations. Miss S decided we
needed to take a break to do a little shopping.

She's a girl after my own heart, I tell ya. Oh, who am I kidding? This girl has had my heart 
since the day I found out I was expecting her way back in July of 1998!


Obviously "shopping" is a code word for "go to Target and also get Starbucks."




We had the best time in Target. We drank our latte's, talked, shopped, acted silly, and laughed.
I even found the perfect girly Santa hat for me! ;)


Who needs makeup on when you have a fabulous zebra print and hot pink Santa hat?


After Target we headed to Hobby Lobby to find burlap to wrap around the Christmas tree.


Keeping it real . . .



Oops.

One roll of burlap is not enough. Uggg.

And, Hobby Lobby is closed on Sunday.


Rusty tried to cheer us up by posing in the new Christmas sweater we bought him at Target.


He loves his new sweater, despite that expression on his face, ha ha!


Sunday . . .


Sunday was church, and then lunch at Cheddar's with our friends Ace and Doris,
and our pastor Bro. Doug. We had a great time of food and catching up.


Sunday evening we pulled out a little more Christmas decor, which basically means
that I have plastic storage bins and green Christmas tree needles all over the house.




I've got to get in a workout, and then head to Hobby Lobby to get another roll of
burlap so we can try to finish up our tree tonight.

Decorating for Christmas is a time consuming process. At least we are getting an
early start. It seems like more and more people are decorating early this year.



Have a great Monday! 



I'm linking up with Katie for . . .








2 comments :

  1. Mmmm Cheddar's is so good! I'm with you - no such thing as too much peanut butter. More than likely my husband would've said the same thing. Crazy men!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Great to hear from you today Jessie :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...