Thursday, November 5, 2015

A Winner and More Makeovers



My favorite male singer (other than my talented hubby) came out a winner once
again last night on the 49th County Music Awards!



I watched pieces and parts of the show, but made sure to catch his performance of his
newest song, Strip It Down and also was watching at the end to see him win Entertainer
Of The Year. Miss S and I pretty much screamed and cheered like crazed fan girls.
#noshame




This week, in addition to attempting to organize in my Master Bedroom, I've done a 
few little projects around the house to switch things up a bit.

My first little makeover of the week took place in my Master Bath tub area.

I had a sheer curtain hanging over the window, but wanted to change it up a bit, 
When I took down the curtain and rod, I was left with this.





At first I was planning to use burlap to make a window valance similar to the one in 
Miss S's room.  




When I pulled out my stash of burlap, I realized that there was not enough left to make 
the valance for my window. Also, I didn't want to go out to buy more because I wasn't 
100%  sure that I would like it once it was there. Plus, why leave home, or spend money, 
if you don't have to?

I knew I had a small burlap banner that I had gotten at Target several months ago that 
wasn't being used. Why not see what it looked like up there?



I tried it and I liked it! I think it's cute, fun and playful, and that it gives the bathroom 
a happy, whimsical vibe. Who couldn't use more happy and more whimsy in their life?
A fun change for zero dollars! Win, win!


I also wanted to switch up my mantel area just a bit. I'm a little over the "fall" decorations,
but not quite ready to commit to Christmas decor.  

I loved this look in September and October...




But was feeling ready for a more neutral look....one with less orange.

One of the things I love so much about a Christmas tree, is the lights. I LOVE Christmas lights!

So....

The idea hit me. Why not add some flameless candles and white lights?!




It's still technically decorated for fall, but I get to enjoy the feel of the little twinkling
lights. Another successful makeover in my book.

This should keep me from putting up the Christmas tree for at least a couple more weeks.




Did you watch the CMA's?

Do you love the twinkle of white lights too?


Have a great day!









No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...