Monday, October 19, 2015

Our Weekend of Rest....and Chalk Paint


My goal for the weekend was to rest, relax, and rest some more and I have to
say I think that was a goal I actually accomplished!

Friday night Miss S went to the high school football game and Hubby and I
stayed in for pizza and a movie.


DIGIORNO Thin Crust Supreme Pizza has become our new favorite cook at home 
pizza. My mom told me how much they like these pizzas and when we tried them, 
they became our favorite too.

My movie of choice was one that I had recorded from....yes, the Hallmark Channel.
I recorded it in June, but had never watched it, so on Friday night I found it on the DVR
and watched.



I may or may not have loved it so much that I watched it again on Sunday afternoon. ;)


The weather was beautiful on Saturday.




I decided it was the perfect day to tackle a project that had been on my mind
for a couple of weeks.

Ever since I bought a bottle of this paint....

I knew that I wanted to give the dark gold/brass picture frames in my
family room a little makeover.


Here they are before their makeover...






They are pretty, but I couldn't stop myself from wondering what they would look like in
white, so, on Saturday, I got up the nerve to take them down and get to painting.


Here they are after their makeover...





I think Kitty Baby approves.

I like them white, but I think I was expecting a little more from the makeover. Miss S approves,
and Hubby didn't notice, so I suppose it didn't make a huge difference, but I do think it 
brightens the room just a little.



Now I've got to switch gears and get out of rest and relax mode and get moving.
I do feel rested, so once I muster up some motivation I should be ready to get started 
on a new week.


How was your weekend?

What do you have planned for the week?










2 comments :

  1. I like them in white. I think it made a huge difference. My weekend was not restful at all! LOL Michael did the lock-in at the Y Friday night. I picked him up at 8:00 a.m. He had to be at the field for his game at 10:30. Game over at 12, birthday party from 12:30 - 3:00. It was a great and fun day, but he was wiped out when we got home. I went shopping! And then was wiped out. LOL Sunday was church and then a little side-yard football for us. It was a great weekend. It's good to get back to work so I can get some rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you. Sometimes it helps to have another opinion on something, especially when you see it 100 times a day. It gets hard to tell on your own. Wow! You did have a super busy weekend. Sounds like an early bedtime may be in your future! Have a great day!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...