Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday Favorites



Happy Friday!

I'm linking up with  ErikaNarci, and Andrea for a little Friday FUN!






Two of my favorites this week come from my antiquing trip on Wednesday. I mentioned 
yesterday that my parents came to visit for the day and we decided to check out a few 
local antique shops. Not only did we had a wonderful time together, we all walked away 
with a few treasures.


- one -

One of my favorite finds from our day out is this little chair. I knew when I saw it that 
it would be absolutely perfect on my front porch holding a beautiful fall mum.




I just love this little chair! Isn't it a little cutie?!

It fits beside the door perfectly and it makes me smile every time I see it.





- two - 

Another one of my antiquing finds is this coffee table. I actually stopped in my tracks
when I saw it. It has a perfectly distressed finish, and I am so happy I found it. I debated
buying it, and even tried to talk myself out of it, but in the end, I knew I would regret
leaving it behind. Once I got it home, I knew I had made the right decision.




I would say our day of shopping was a huge success. I'm super happy with my
new treasures.


- three -

Another favorite from the week was found on Thursday. I had no idea when I left home
to run errands that I would be buying a new rug. I have coveted these rugs online for
quite a while, but had almost convinced myself that a cream colored shag rug would
be a very bad idea with two doggies living in the house.

But when I happened up on this rug, it was love at first sight. I fell hard for it and
knew that I would be miserable if I didn't grab it while I had the chance. The rug is
beautiful and the price was right, so I made this one mine.

It makes a huge difference in the way the family room looks too!



Ahhh. The room looks so soothing, calm, and relaxing now. 

And I love the way my new coffee table looks sitting on the light colored rug.

I'm pretty sure that taking the dogs out for a daily dog brushing  will be a new part of
my daily routine, but it will absolutely be worth it. I LOVE this rug!


- four -


A friend from church picked fresh okra from his garden and brought some to share
with us. I absolutely love steamed okra, and this fresh okra is so much prettier than
any I could find in the grocery store.


It looks like there will be lots of okra eating going on at our house for the next few days.
I will also slice some up to go in the freezer for later. Hopefully that works and I don't
end up wasting any. 



- five -


These new flavors of candy corn make the list as potential favorites.


I didn't buy them because I knew that no one in our family needed this much sugar. I'm pretty
sure these flavors would make portion control kind of difficult, so I chose to admire these 
from afar. I'm always amazed by how creative candy companies are to come up with new
and seasonal flavors, and aren't the colors on the Apple Mix fun?!



Now you've seen my favorite things from the week. I'm still a little shocked that
I added a coffee table and a new rug to our home decor all the same week.
Both purchases were totally spontaneous, but I am very happy with the end result.
Home is where the heart is, and adding these new pieces certainly made my 
heart happy!


via












8 comments :

  1. Your family room is beautiful! Love the table and the new rug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelly! I am absolutely thrilled with how the room looks now!! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your family room! Your home is beautiful. And the little chair....what can I say? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Tammy! I really appreciate that. Isn't it precious?! Is it weird to love a little wooden chair? heehee ;)

      Delete
  3. Love your front door holiday décor! So cute!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your front door is beautiful!!! I don't know about peanut butter candy corn but I would give it a whirl.

    Strange question... but are those iPhone pictures or did you take them with a camera (your front door and the living room)? Just curious on camera settings =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I take all my pics using my iPhone, then edit them as needed using an app called Afterlight. Thanks for visiting today!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...