Thursday, September 3, 2015

Three Things Thursday { Penny Pincher Edition }




Happy Thursday!

I'm getting a late start on this post today, so let's jump right in.



- one -

Today is a very special day.

Today, my parents have been married for 50 years!


via



I want to wish them a very HAPPY anniversary!

I am the luckiest girl in the world to have these two as my parents.
I am truly thankful and blessed.



- two -

I think I want a planner. Almost everyone in the blogosphere is raving
about the Erin Condren Life Planner but have you seen the price tag
on those things???

While they are absolutely beautiful and customizable and so much fun,
I just can't justify needing a planner that is so expensive. I'm not even 100%
sure that I would use a planner on a daily basis. I love the idea of being that
organized, but I'm pretty sure a planner for 1/2 that price would keep me just 
as organized.


I am leaning toward something similar to these...


more info here



more info here




more info here



The most expensive of these three planners is still less than $20.

Sorry Erin Condren. I'm just not quite sold on the idea of spending $50 - $75 
on a planner. It just seems like a lot of money to me.





- three -


I've been online shoe dreaming again. I really have a sickness. I
love running shoes and would own five or six pair in a heartbeat.

Here are a few that have caught my eye lately.










And of course these are still on my mind...



But, as absolutely beautiful as these are, I really don't want to spend 
$170 on them. Surely the price will come down eventually!

Thank you Zappos for allowing me to dream (shoe shop) at any time
day or night.



In other news...

Still enduring road construction (but will NOT bore you
with that anymore!) and Miss S is medicated and back at school today.

We found out she has a sinus infection and an upper respiratory infection.

She got an antibiotic shot, plus a prescription for antibiotics. We opted for a 
Prednisone pill pack instead of the steroid shot that doctors typically like to give.

I learned many years ago that the pill dosage is more easily controlled and
is a better option. For all three of us, if we take the steroid shot at the doctor's 
office, we don't sleep for 2 days! It's horrible. The pill pack is a much smarter 
option for us. The last thing you want to do when you're sick is lay awake and
feel wired all night. No thank you!



Tell me...

Do you use a planner?

Have you heard the hoopla over Erin Condren planners?

Are you a running shoe fanatic?












2 comments :

  1. I absolutely love my erin condren planner. I live and die by it and it keeps me on track. I wish it was a tad smaller though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard so many people say they can't live without it once they make that purchase. Great hearing from you! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...