Monday, September 7, 2015

Pumpkin and Pigskin { Weekend Recap }



Happy Labor Day everyone! Aren't long weekends the very best weekends?


I happily kicked off the weekend with my beloved Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte!



Reunited at last. Absence does make the heart grow fonder. I savored every
single delicious sip. #bliss


I was also super happy to see that Target had my favorite Pumpkin Spice coffee 
on the shelves just waiting for me to bring the happiness home. 
#ilovefall



I saw this cute Halloween pumpkin statue in TJMaxx. It made me think of
my little family of three.


Hubby and I are the smiling jack-o-lanterns and Miss S is the frowny one.
She still doesn't feel much like smiling thanks to her sinus infection.

Praying she is on the mend and will feel like her sweet, fun self again soon.
I have enjoyed the extra hugs and snuggles from her while she isn't feeling well,
but have to say I would prefer my girl to be happy and healthy.



It's not quite time for me to bring out fall decor yet, but wanted to add a 'little
something' to my beloved lanterns that I recently found at Target.


Before...



After...



I think they look perfectly dressed thanks to the addition of the burlap bows.



Also, this weekend, I realized that football season is going to be a little different
this year. As an alumni of The University of Alabama, we have always been an
avid Crimson Tide cheering family. This year, since Miss S is thinking that she wants
to attend college at Auburn University, she is going to cheer for both Alabama and
Auburn.


Roll Eagle?


That will work fine until the last game of the season when the two teams
battle each other. Oh my!  This is going to be an interesting season.


We went to our friends house to watch the 1st Bama game of the season.

We haven't had time to really visit with them for way too long, so I was thrilled
to get to see them and catch up. Also, their daughter (who is one of Miss S's very best
friends) was home from college for the weekend too.

I was super happy to see everyone and have a little girl talk while the hubbies
yelled and screamed over  watched the ballgame.

Almost gametime!


Sunday, Miss S felt terrible, so we stayed in all day. She slept most of the day,
and hopefully will be as good as new any day now.


Not sure what our Labor Day will hold. It all depends on how she is feeling.
Hopefully we will spend a fun day with my parents, but going to play it by ear.

I'm linking up with Healthy Diva for MiMM.




Have a great Labor Day!








No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...