Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Noise Overload



Yesterday started off crazy and hectic and unfortunately stayed that way all
day long. As I was finishing my workout, the dogs suddenly started barking
and I heard the most horrific racket coming from our street. I looked out the 
window to find this nonsense.



I'm not fluent in road construction, so I immediately snapped
several pics and sent them to Hubby. I wanted to know what on earth
was happening. Did I mention that the noise was horrific?

And if you have dogs at your house, then you understand what loud noises
outside your house do to dogs. My boys were on high alert and were letting 
everyone in earshot know that they were not happy about the confusion.




Hubby explained that they were milling the road and would soon
be re-paving. But did I mention the noise? And the barking?

I considered leaving and going shopping, but there was a slight problem.
They were blocking my driveway!

Finally, I saw this truck, and thought I could see the light at the end of
the tunnel.




The dogs settled down slightly at this point.

I thought sure we were making progress.



By this time it was 2:45 p.m and I thought sure they would wrap up and
leave since school buses would soon be running.


But I kept hearing the noise.


I looked out again to find this.



They were starting on the other side of the street!

Drake just looked at me like he was saying, "Momma make them stop!
I just don't have the strength to bark anymore."




Poor baby. I was actually worried that he was going to have a nervous
breakdown. He was a hot mess all day long!

By the time the workers (and their noise) finished up and left it was
about 3:30 and Drake was worn out.

He sprawled out in the middle of the floor and napped most of the evening.



Well, it sounds like my noisy "friends" are about the get started up again
today.


Fingers crossed that we can handle another day!












2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! He was one tired baby yesterday afternoon. He was a mighty good protector though!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...