Thursday, August 27, 2015

Three Things Thursday



Happy Thursday everyone!

I am so very happy to be back online today.

The internet was down in our area yesterday for over 12 hours.
It was a tragic time!

You have no idea how often you want to google something, or check
Pinterest for something, or just hop on facebook to see what's happening
in the world until you can't anymore. It was kind of a helpless feeling.

Yesterday I realized just how thankful I am for internet!
I'm thankful that I'm back in touch with the world so that I can
share three things that are on my mind today...





Miss S has a new drink love. She has been loving lemonade for years, and has been 
on a raspberry or strawberry lemonade kick for months, but recently we have 
discovered this...




I'm thinking we need stock in Ocean Spray now because we are currently 
buying plenty! It's Cran-Grape in the mornings and now Cran-Lemonade 
in the lunchbox.

If you love lemonade, you should give this a try. You will probably love this 
as much as she does.








It's certainly no secret that I love Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks.
I'm anxiously awaiting September 8th so I can get my hands on one.
(12 more days!!)

I was super excited when M & M's came out with a new flavor for fall.
I thought I was going to be lucky and get a taste of pumpkin spice early.




Ewwww. No such luck.

I have made an important discovery.

I like Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I like M & M's.

I do not like the two flavors combined.

So disappointed by these.

The flavor is way too artificial, and the aftertaste is worse. Don't bother 
rushing out to get your hands on these. Do yourself a favor and wait 
for the real PSL at Starbucks.








Have you heard about the benefits of using a foam roller regularly?

I recommend foam rolling to almost all my clients. Even though I recommend it,
I know I don't use it often enough myself, so I wanted to quickly discuss the
benefits and proper use of the foam roller. Maybe this will help me us get
motivated to use it more regularly.


The foam roller is able to perform myofascial release, which is a technique that results 
in softening and lengthening of fascia, increased blood flow and circulation, relief for 
joint pain, increased flexibility, and can help to break down scar tissue.



More info and demonstrations for proper use:


source

Using the foam roller on my upper back, lower back, and glutes has
been a lifesaver in helping with back pain. Still, I'm guilty of not using it
enough. Check out this video for more information and really good tips
on foam rolling correctly.

(If you subscribe by email, you may need to visit my site directly in
order to click through to view the video.)


Helpful video tutorial:




I read in Men's Fitness magazine that if you are 20, you should use a foam roller
two days per week. If you are 30, you should foam roll three times per week.
So, for me, I should be foam rolling four times per week.


Remember to start slowly and build up to regular foam rolling.  The benefits 
definitely outweigh the discomfort.


Foam rollers are easy to find. Any sporting goods store has them, plus
stores like Walmart, Target, and TJ Maxx.


Spend your money on a foam roller and not on pumpkin spice latte M&M's!















2 comments :

  1. LOL! You're so funny. I don't like pumpkin so I will gladly donate my share of anything pumpkin spice flavored to you. Now, on to the foam roller. I've been thinking about this for a couple of months. I really need to give this a try. My hips and lower back have been killing me lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Tammy! Get yourself a foam roller! You will hate it and love it all at the same time, but I really do think your body will thank you. You work too hard to skip this important step. Thanks for reading!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...