Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Progress, Not Perfection



I mentioned last week that I was on a mission to "Live Simply" and de-clutter
our house. First up on my list of rooms that needed attention was my scrapbook/
craft room/ office.

This is what it looked like BEFORE I got started!


 

Yikes! That is one hot mess right there! The room that Hubby had created just
for me had become a storage closet rather than a fun, creative space.

I got to work on organizing what I wanted to keep and throwing away
things that aren't really needed. I found that this was more stressful that I
thought it would be and would have to take breaks often.

After a couple of days, the room looked like this...




...getting closer. I can almost see a light at the end of the tunnel.


After another day or two, this is where my room is right now.




I still have a ton of papers to organize. Maybe I will file them? Still thinking 
on the best way to make them usable, but organized. I have so much information 
about fitness, exercises, nutrition, time management, etc. The space has also somehow
taken on the role as storage for home decor and Bath & Body Works candles 
not currently being used. That's not ideal, so I'm thinking of an alternate place 
for those items as well. 


I have to remind myself...




It looks better this week than it did last week, so I'll celebrate that tiny little
victory.


Is it easy for you to stay organized?

Do you have a room that has become more storage than usable space?





2 comments :

  1. Looking good, Kristan! It really is such a refreshing feeling knowing you've completed a task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessie! Isn't that the truth?! I appreciate your sweet comments. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...