Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Favorites



Happy Friday!

It's the last weekend of August which means (hopefully) fall weather is
right around the corner!

I know some people are on "Team Summer Forever," but since I have
no pool, no lake, and no ocean near by to keep me cool, I am a card carrying
member of "Hurry Up Fall!"


Miss S will be ditching us tonight to spend time with friends at her high school
football game, so Hubby and I will be having a date night tonight.

I'm hoping he will fire up the grill while I enjoy my new Adirondack
chairs that he built for me.

I love having a handy hubby and I love that he built these awesome chairs
for our deck.









I'm also happy about this plant.  



This guy is a trooper. I've killed several plants before him, but he is hanging tough. 
Look! There is even a bloom on it. I don't think I've ever gotten a peace lily to 
bloom before.

I'm feeling pretty proud of my green thumb this week.

(See what happens when your child turns 16 and leaves you behind?
You suddenly take up caring for houseplants! Sigh.)




I saw this shirt in Target this week.




Isn't it the cutest? It would have come home with me if the two that were left 
in the store weren't a size XS. So what's a girl that doesn't wear an XS to do? 
Snap a pic and keep on walking, of course. No shame in my game!



Wednesday was National Dog Day so in honor of the occasion I made a 
photo collage of my boys.


Just look at these sweet brothers. They may argue and fuss sometimes but they 
will always be best friends. Please no one hurt their feelings by
telling them that they are dogs!





Another Target find this week...




I brought home these awesome galvanized lanterns. I fell in love with them 
(but didn't buy them) about a month ago, and then this week, I found them on SALE!




I can hardly wait to fill them with fall goodies like pumpkins, or leaf
garland, or candles....so many options. And lots of possibilities for
Christmas decorating too. Pretty excited about my lanterns!



Well, there you have another edition of...






Stop by either Erika'sNarci's, or Andrea's to see other favorites being shared this week.


I'd love for you to follow along on facebooktwitter, or instagram 
if you don't already.


What are your favorite things from the week?

Do you have a green thumb?



Have a great weekend!











6 comments :

  1. Usually I have a green thumb, but this year I have just had no desire to deal with any of my plants (they are all outside.) Hubby has had to take of them all season, he has done his best.... :) He and my son usually keeps me my mantle stocked with roses from my beautiful Knockout Rose bushes but they have not performed well this year.

    Loving your chairs!!!! I'm off to buy new cushions for my patio chairs tonight. Yay!!! I've waited all summer for them to go on sale! They are going to look great on my new deck. Looks like your deck is new too. :) I'm also planning to pick up a fire pit this weekend. Wal-Mart has theirs on sale for $29! Woo Hoo!!! Thinking about getting the decorative rocks to circle around it and dress it up for my patio. It's finally cool enough to have a fire pit out back and we have reclaimed our back yard now that the oldest has moved into his own house! (doing my happy dance.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Tammy! Sounds like you have lots to look forward to in the near future! I love relaxing on the back deck when the weather isn't scorching!! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Those chairs are awesome! Good job hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! So happy you commented today! I sure miss talking your ears off at the gym, haha! I know you are enjoying your new life though! Your little guy is too precious for words! Miss you!

      Delete
  3. I also have a green thumb! This was the first year I planted a veggie garden. My favorite from the week--- having time off to relax! I hope you have a great weekend. - Seri from www.Serisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, time off to relax is definitely a good thing! Growing your own veggies is hard work, but so worth it. Hope you have a great weekend as well! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...