Monday, July 20, 2015

Weekend Recap


Before I get started with a new week, and a new "to do" list, I want to take a minute
to recap our weekend.




Hubby and I are at home going about our usual routines of work, household chores,
workouts, meal prep, etc, while our sweet daughter (Miss S) has her toes in the sand!

She has wonderful friends and is at the beach with one of her besties and her family.
She left on Friday morning and is living and loving life at the beach this week!



Meanwhile, back here, I started 5K training on Saturday. I am a complete and total
novice runner. I mean like total novice.

So much so that I could absolutely have this sticker on my car...

But, I am really hoping to change this! Miss S has agreed to do a 5K with me
whenever I'm ready so I am going to try my best to get ready!

I have tried all of the Couch to 5K plans out there, and have felt defeated when I
try to move beyond about week 4. It is just too much too soon for me.

Well, I decided to do exactly what I would do if I had a client come to me with
the same issue. I would create a personalized training plan for a client, so why not
create a personalized training plan for myself?!

I am a firm believer that workouts should be personalized for each client, and for
each program that I do so it makes complete sense to personalize my own 5K training.

I used the Gymboss app on my phone to create my Week 1 Training Plan.




I created 11 walk (in green) and jog (in yellow) intervals. The total training 
time is 26 minutes and 30 seconds for week 1.

I tested it out on Saturday and it is perfect. The intervals fit exactly what I need
to have a successful week 1 of training! Yay!



Saturday evening, Hubby and I had a date night.


We ordered beef and broccoli for him, and sushi for me. My sushi had tuna, salmon, and
avocado, and it was delicious!



Sunday after church we had lunch with Hubby's parents. We had pork chops and rice,
with fresh green beans and corn on the cob. The meal was wonderful, as always, but 
those fresh green beans were out of this world!


Sunday night's dinner was this 'monsta' salad!



So much goodness in this salad! Spinach, carrots, cucumber, onion, beets, mandarin
oranges, grilled chicken, and feta cheese. It was so, so good. Putting this on repeat 
for lunch today!


We wrapped up our weekend watching Big Brother on T.V, then talking on the
phone to Miss S.


Our weekend was a bit quiet without Miss S around. We are used to her coming
and going, with her cell phone constantly buzzing from texts, and Netflix playing
almost non-stop.

Not only do I miss her, I miss her friends too. So strange not having teenagers
around our house.


Well, guess it's time to get to work on a new week. Lots to do!


I'm linking up with Katie today. You can read other weekend recaps here.




How was your weekend?

What do you put on your own 'monsta' salad?

Are you a runner? Any tips?











2 comments :

  1. Good for you on figuring out a plan that works for you. It must be very motivating after a successful first week. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Jessie & I'm so happy you visited today! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...